USING TEMPLATE FILES
- Template Files are ContractWriter files you've setup for a specific purpose.
- Template Files can be setup for your model homes, which will allow you to quickly revise them for a specific buyer.
- Template Files can also be setup for re-occurring projects, such as a standard home you build repeatedly.
- Don't get confused by the concept of a Template File, it is simply a file you've already created for a general type of Contract, that you will open again and continue to customize for a specific project.
RESTORE EXCEL MENU
- This command will allow you to jump back and forth between the custom ContractWriter menu and the standard Excel menu.
- You may switch to the Excel menu at any time, however, we are not responsible for anything you do to the file from within Excel. This includes performing any of the items listed in the next section.
WHILE in EXCEL MENU, PLEASE DO NOT...
- Change the height of any row anywhere in the Program.
- Perform massive moving and copying of the Checklist Categories.
- Attempt to word wrap a line that's too long for one row.
- Change the font sizes.
- Ask us to fix anything you did while you were in the Excel menu, and
outside of our programming control.
COPYING CONTRACTWRITER FILES
COPYING CONTRACTWRITER FILES
- On occasion you may need to copy a ContractWriter file from one computer to another, for example from your laptop to your desktop.
- The typical ContractWriter file is usually to large to fit on the standard 3.5 inch 1.44 meg floppy disc.
- For these occasions we recommend you utilize a file compression utility program such as WinZip or PowerArchiver to compress the file, thus making it small enough to fit on the floppy.
- WinZip or PowerArchiver (and other similar programs) are quite easy to use, and will allow you to either zip the file (which will require you to have the program on the target computer to un-zip it) OR to create a "self-extracting" file that can "unzip" itself on the target computer by simply double-clicking the file name.
- You can buy WinZip in any computer store or download it from their website at www.WinZip.com for approximately $35.00.
- As an alternative, you can download a FREE copy of PowerArchiver from their website at www.PowerArchiver.com
- WinZip and PowerArchiver are nearly identical in every respect EXCEPT that PowerArchiver is FREE.
- Technical Support is available online through our website at www.PowerTools Software.com and by email at support@PowerToolsSoftware.com.
- The full text of our Technical Support Policy is available at our website at www.PowerTools Software.com.
- ContractWriter is a tool for creating construction Contracts.
- The ContractWriter program, it's manual and this website ARE NOT legal dissertations, legal opinions, or legal advice.
- You, as the Program User, MUST REVIEW every document created by the Program for accuracy, completeness and correct use BEFORE implementing the document.
- You, as the Program User, MUST obtain the advice of an Attorney BEFORE using any of these documents.
- You, as the Program User, accept ALL LIABILITY for the accuracy, correctness, correct use and correct application of the documents provided herein or created by you.
- PowerTools Software, Inc. accepts NO LIABILITY for the accuracy or correctness of the documents, or for the correct use or application of any documents provided herein or created by the user, or for the contents of the program, it's manual, or the website.
- This is only a part of the full LEGAL DISCLAIMER, which is incorporated into the installation program and may also be viewed at www.PowerTools Software.com
- Generally, our Warranty provides that the software and the distribution media (Installation CD or disc) will perform substantially as represented or we will replace it at our cost.
- The full text of our Warranty Policy is available at our website at www.PowerTools Software.com.
- ContractWriter is owned by PowerTools Software, Inc. and is licensed to you for your use under the terms and conditions of our License Agreement.
- The full text of our License Agreement is available at our website at www.PowerTools Software.com.
- ContractWriter, it's manual and the contents of the website are copyrighted property and are protected by US and International Copyright Law.
- The full text of our Copyright is available at our website at www.PowerTools Software.com.