What is SpeedContracts?
SpeedContracts is a fully automated Excel program that writes construction contracts. It is designed to quickly create customized contract documents specifically tailored to meet the unique requirements of each individual project.
How does SpeedContracts work?
It's a simple process of selecting the documents you want to include in your contract from the available documents in the program. The documents, which are already written for you, includes Draw Schedule, Additional Specifications, Warranty, Time of Completion, Right of Rescission and others. After you have decided on which documents to use for the specific contract, simply complete the information right on the document. One click of the mouse button will allow you to view, edit, print and save the contract.
SpeedContracts is ready to go!
To get you started, the program has six template contracts, including their Terms and Conditions, and eight supplemental documents that you can use right out of the box. Additionally, the program allows you to custom configure these contracts as template files that you can save and reuse at any time.
SpeedContracts is unique.
It is the only contract writing program other than our own ContractWriter program written exclusively for Construction Contractors. Additionally, It contains numerous paragraphs that address the unique contractual conditions of remodeling such as pre-existing conditions, hazardous materials, property insurance, materials selections by Owner, and too many more to mention.
The Difference between SpeedContracts and ContractWriter
SpeedContracts provides a number of pre-designed contract forms that you select and complete on the screen and print as desired, and is generally designed for projects of less than $50,000. It was written in response to our ContractWriter users who told us that they don't always need an 8 or 10 page contract for every project, although there isn't any reason you can't use ContractWriter for smaller projects. The pre-designed forms in SpeedContracts makes it fast to learn, whereas ContractWriter, with it's extensive Checklist of contract clauses, requires more initial work to setup in the beginning.
In addition to the different levels of complexity between SpeedContracts and ContractWriter, only ContractWriter is designed to write contracts for the construction of new homes.
SpeedContracts is Easy to Use.
Just fill in the usual information (customer and project info) in the Project Information dialog box, and the information will automatically be written into every document. Next, review the various contracts, select one that is appropriate for the project, finish entering the remaining information on the contract, select the additional documents (Draw Schedule, Warranty, Right of Rescission, etc.) and print the batch.
SpeedContracts is FAST!
Because the contract documents are already written, the typical contract takes less than 15 minutes to create, including a Draw schedule, Warranty, additional Terms and Conditions, Right of Rescission and Legal Notices for your area.
SpeedContracts looks Great!
When you create a contract, every page is titled with the project name and page number and provides a space for each party's initials. It just looks sharp!
SpeedContracts is flexible
Want to change the wording of a specific section? Go right ahead. Need a new section to address a unique requirement of a particular project? Just add it to the Additional Terms and Conditions page. Need to revise a contract? This is the best part, just turn off the Data Entry Restrictions and edit whatever you want.
SpeedContracts gives you Full Control
SpeedContracts gives you full control. For example, you may prefer to present a contract with no mention of a completion date. My strategy is: If they don't ask, why include it? So you create a contract that looks complete without a time of completion. In the event your customer requests a completion date, you can add an entire page on Time of Completion with one mouse click, including 10 clauses spelling out all the conditions you need to control and limit this potential monster. In less than 60 seconds, you have a new contract.
SpeedContracts is complete.
Need to include a Right-of-Recession form with your contract? Of course you do, which is why we put it in the program, and you can set the program to print this document individually or along with every contract. How about a page to enter special Legal Notices that may be required in your State or County? No problem, we've got a page all set up just for these situations. And what about a Time of Completion addendum? You'll want to keep this out of the contract when you first present it, but if they insist, you can quickly add our one page Time of Completion form that is full of loopholes!
SpeedContracts is easy to customize.
We've got a function called Data Entry Restrictions that prevents you from accidentally typing over the forms, but you can turn if off when needed and edit the documents as you may require.
SpeedContracts is easy to learn.
Because it's written to do only one task very well, it's not cluttered with extraneous functions and complicated command menus. A few minutes exploring the menu structure is all it takes to figure it out. Just review the pre-written documents and to familiarize yourself with available contract provisions, and you're ready to go. You'll have your first contract written in less than an hour, and you'll soon develop the ability to create complete contracts in a matter of minutes.
SpeedContracts was written for BUSY Contractors.
It has the menu commands to automate the tasks you will need to do all the time, like Save to Drive C, Preview Contract and Print Contract Twice. Document printing is superb, just select the documents you want to include in the contract (Contract, Draw Schedule, Warranty, Right of Rescission, etc.), and then select Print Group once to print the entire batch.
SpeedContracts is valuable!
Not only will you be able to produce more proposals and win more bids, you will experience fewer headaches with your projects because of your well written contracts. SpeedContracts will pay for itself with the first project.
Other Important Features
SpeedContracts is packed with numerous features designed to make the program as efficient to use as possible. Many of these features were the result of suggestions from our current users.
- One Time Entry automatically writes your company's name, address and phone number, the customer's name, address and phone numbers, and the project's name and address onto every contract and addendum in the program.
- 6 Pre-Configured Contracts, from a concise repair order, to several one and two page contracts, to our larger multi-page contract, plus other numerous supplemental documents already setup for you to select and begin using right away. Of course, you'll probably want to customize our basic contracts with your own additional clauses, but these are a great start.
- 9 Contract Addendums ready to go, including a Draw Schedule, Warranty, Additional Terms & Conditions, Additional Specifications, Time-of-Completion, Right of Rescission, Legal Notices and our popular Confirmation of Instruction.
- More than 100 Contract Clauses in 4 different sets of Terms and Conditions, edited from hundreds of contractor's contracts from across the entire country. We researched and identified the best-worded clauses on every subject that we could find, and you'll benefit immediately from our hard work.
- A Customize ability allows you to change or add additional clauses that may be unique to your business or to the specific project.
- A Data Entry Restriction feature that prevents you from accidentally typing over a part of the forms. Of course, you can turn this feature off to edit the forms as necessary.
- A Template capability where you can name and save template contracts for instant recall. This allows you to create standard contracts, save and then recall them at any time. This is a great time saver when writing contracts for the same or similar projects.
- Automated Draw Schedule that divides up your Contract Price into draw amounts from the percentages you entered. Letting the program do the math allows you to focus on the draw descriptions and percentages. Of course, you can override the percentages and simply enter the dollar amounts if you wish.
- A Legal Notices page where you can permanently add any contract notices that may be required in your State or locality.
- A Multiple Documents feature that allows you to select a group of documents to preview and print together with one command. This makes easy work of printing multi-page contracts.