- SpecWriter is an Excel spreadsheet program designed to write specifications and prepare estimates for residential and light commercial construction projects.
- SpecWriter works by providing you with a Checklist of specifications from which you select those that apply to your project.
- Once you’ve selected your specifications, the menu command “Generate Specifications” will copy them to the Specifications page, re-group them by section, number, outline and format them to create your customized specifications.
- SpecWriter’s Checklist contains over 6,500 pre-written specifications for your immediate use.
- You can add, edit, overwrite or delete anything on the checklist, which means you can customize it specifically for your business.
- You can change the checklist and re-generate new specifications at any time.
- You may also create an Estimate Worksheet with the same categories and specifications.
WHAT YOU NEED
- A Windows device.
- A subscription to Microsoft 365
- Some experience starting programs and opening files.
- To install the Demo File from our website, please follow the instructions on the Download page.
- The installation program will…
- Create an icon on your desktop named “SpecWriter Files”.
- Create a folder on your hard disc named “c:/PowerTools/SpecWriter”.
- Copy “Randall Residence.xls” into the folder.
- That’s all there is to it!
OPENING THE DEMO FILE
- The Randall Residence demo file is a typical mono slab / block / stucco subdivision home.
- To open the Demo File from the Windows Desktop:
- Double-click the SpecWriter Files icon.
- Double-click the Randall Residence icon.
DEMO FILE LIMITATIONS
- While using the Demo File, you can…
- Print or Preview any document.
- Change the Checklist selections or wording, or the Estimate.
- Generate any document you wish, as many times as you wish.
- You can not change the Company or Customer Name, switch to the Excel Menu, or save the file.
THINGS TO DO
- FIRST, use Specifications | Generate Specifications to re-generate the specifications to fit your printer.
- Use Specifications | Print Specifications to print the Randall Residence Specifications.
- Use Estimate | Print Estimate to print the Estimate.
- Change the Specifications by…
- Reviewing a specific section of the Specifications.
- Go to that Category on the Checklist.
- Observe how the Checklist is selected.
- Change several of the selections to other choices.
- Use Specifications | Generate Specifications to re-generate the Specifications.
- Review the revised Specifications and observe the impact of your changes.
- Change the Estimate by…
- Using Control-L to lookup measurements from the Takeoff.
- Using Estimate | Presentation Options to view the different Estimate styles.
- Entering different costs in the Estimate and observe the effect on the Estimate Summary.
- Changing the Overhead and Builder’s Compensation percentages in the Estimate Summary and observe the effect on the numbers.
WHEN YOU’RE FINISHED
- Use File | Close Project File to close the file.
- SpecWriter is $295.00 delivered by Internet.
- You may pay for your order by VISA, MasterCard or Check.
- You may place your order by…
- Going online at www.PowerToolsSoftware.com
- Call us at 1-321-206-5075.
|PLEASE REMEMBER to re-generate the specifications prior to printing them on your printer.
TO RE-GENERATE the Specifications: