Need a good Chart of Accounts for QuickBooks?
Confirmation of Instruction
• The Confirmation of Instruction form is a multiple-purpose Change Order, Extra Work Order, Product Selection and General Communication form.
• In this capacity, it replaces several other forms, and reduces your paperwork considerably.
• This form is intended to be printed on three-part carbonless paper, and written up in the field.
• It’s a simple concept: every time the customer opens their mouth, you write it down and everybody signs.
• A collection of four one-page Design Agreements from an agreement to perform a preliminary conceptual design to provide the entire set of construction drawings.
• Stop doing preliminary design work for free, put the ball in the customer’s court by putting a design agreement on the table at the first meeting.
• You don’t need to actually do the design work, you just want to control the process.
• These forms provide a quick check-off scope of work and include pre-written price schedule or fill-in-the blank prices.
Bookkeeping Reference Charts
• As part of my QuickBooks Template and the QuickBooks for Builders seminars, I’ve developed a series of one page reference charts.
• These charts include one each for Income and Expense Accounts, Balance Sheet Accounts, Job Cost Codes and the popular Top 100 Cost Codes.
• The charts are in numeric order on one side and alphabetical order on the other site to facilitate everyone’s preferences.
• Many users print the charts in colored card stock and have them laminated.
• The charts are in Excel, so you can modify them if needed.